Call Judy:(707) 266 8211, expert in Napa Valley real estate
- •For up-to-date information on the housing market in Napa see my article below.
- •Explore my newsletters (News tab in the top navigation bar). Read snippets below and archived articles to the right.
- •Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Recommendations for those looking for a home for sale in Napa or for those who want to sell a home in Napa Valley:
- • “The task of selling with the contingency to find a replacement property seemed daunting and complicated and Judy’s expertise and attention to detail was paramount in the successful closure of both escrows on the same day. She advised on the best way to present my house for the market and within 7 days of listing I had 3 offers, one of which I accepted. She then helped me find my replacement property, for which I had fairly specific criteria. The whole process could not have gone any smoother. I would highly recommend Judy for any real estate needs.” J. Mepham, 11-2014
- • “Having been in sales all my adult life I feel I know a good honest salesperson when I come in contact with one… Judy Naimo is the best of the best… In the end everyone was very happy. both my wife and I and the buyers. Judy always strives for a win-win outcome. Could write about her all day. Truly the best of the best.“
JUDY’S COMMITMENT TO YOU
As you read below, you will understand why Judy Naimo is highly recommended:
“My commitment to you:
Purchase and sell real property quickly and profitably, with less disruption to your family.
Let’s develop a strategy together that:
• Suits your individual needs
• Reduces the chaos and confusion created in most real estate transactions
• Works extensively with you to negotiate a great price for your purchase
• Makes your home more appealing to buyers
• Analyzes rental inventory and financial opportunities
• Fits your long term goals
• Creates a plan to save you time, money and taxes
Consider the goal of funding a child’s college education in the future. If “other people’s money” in the form of a scholarship is not a possibility, there still may be another way to use some “other people’s money.”
A $25,000 investment into a mutual fund paying 5% would earn $1,250 in the first year. Alternatively, the $25,000 as a 20% down payment to purchase a $125,000 rental home appreciating 3% a year would have gone up by $3,750 or three times that of the mutual fund in the first year.
The mutual fund’s growth depends on the value of the money invested. Rental real estate benefits because a 20% down payment controls a much larger asset because you’re using “other people’s money.” Leverage allows the investor to profit not only from the amount of cash invested but from the value of the investment.
With a 20% down payment and current interest rates, a typical rental would have a positive cash flow. In ten years, the equity could be $75,000. On the other hand, the $25,000 initial investment in a mutual fund earning 5% annually would only grow to about $40,000 in the same 10 years. It would require an additional $2,700 each year to reach the same $75,000 value.
Leverage is just one of the many benefits that make rental real estate the IDEAL investment. Whether you are saving for higher education, retirement or wealth accumulation, consider rental real estate. Using single-family homes as investments are attractive because homeowners have a better understanding than many other investments and self-management is a possibility.
There’s A Lot Of Pent-Up Demand for Real Estate in Napa Valley
Here is an update on the housing market in Napa Valley. All the reasons that existed before about why homeowners in Napa are moving still exist. Marriage, divorce, birth, death, job transfer, and tax planning are the reasons Napa home sellers are moving too. In other words, there is a constant supply of home sellers and home buyers. You may be curious to know what happens when the Napa housing inventory is the lowest it’s been since 2005.
Thinking about Buying a Napa home for sale?
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda,
Buying a home in Napa is a big decision. Your family dynamics will undoubtedly dictate the right time to purchase a home. However, it’s important to consider this when you are planning.
Let’s imagine that a property appreciates about 12%; for example, the price of $350,000 goes up to $400,000.
For More Helpful Information for Napa home buyers
You can request a HomeBuyers Guide in the right sidebar. In it you’ll find tips on Buying a home:
• The reasons why you should obtain a prequalified loan before you start looking for a home for sale in Napa
• Why it’s a good idea to get a mortgage loan consultant
• Fully understand what a FICO score is and the factors that affect it.
A Homesellers Guide is also available on request.
- Learn the importance of a home inspection before you put your home up for sale
- The factors that go into determining the asking price of a home
- What is worth fixing or remodeling: Landscaping? Kitchen remodel? Entertainment center? Get the answers from Judy.
WHAT NAPA HOME OWNERS SHOULD KNOW
Must be this Tall to Ride
How to be optimally prepared to purchase a home.
Would-be Buyers with Student Debt
How to deal with student debt payments when you consider a home purchase.
Good Information Good Decisions
Get all the information you need about mortgages from a trusted experienced realtor.
Reasons to Refinance
Review the reasons to re-finance.
Indecision May Cost More
Learn the cost of waiting.
Would-Be to Should-Be
Why it may be a good time to purchase a home.
On this website for Napa Valley real estate information, Judy intends to be a resource for whatever information you may need as a buyer or seller of a Napa home for sale as well as current homeowner. Weekly articles are added and then archived (under News) that focus on topics related to one or more these groups of people such are renting versus buying, winter maintenance tips, how personal finance affect what mortgage rate are available to you, etc. As a start, you can check out the archived materials through the sidebar under “Archives.”
You can read information created especially for the Home Buyer and for the Home Seller by making a request for the relevant guide or by reading the information filed under each category in the menu. And then checking the list of archived articles where there is even more.