Looking for a Napa Home for Sale?
See Listings as Soon as Real Estate Agents
Click on Contact-Alert form above left to learn about New Listings, Price Reductions, and Pending Sales Immediately
Call Judy:(707) 266 8211, expert in Napa Valley real estate
- • Search out the latest MLS listings of homes for sale by using the SEARCH FORM (above, right)
- • For up-to-date information on the housing market in Napa see my article below.
- • Explore my newsletters (News tab in the top navigation bar). Read snippets below and archived articles to the right.
- • Follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
Recommendations for those looking for a home for sale in Napa or for those who want to sell a home in Napa Valley:
- • “Having been in sales all my adult life I feel I know a good honest salesperson when I come in contact with one… Judy Naimo is the best of the best… In the end everyone was very happy. both my wife and I and the buyers. Judy always strives for a win-win outcome. Could write about her all day. Truly the best of the best.”
- • “Judy was a perfect realtor–actually she went above and beyond her job, making sure the process went as smooth as possible as well as protecting us and our funds from being taken advantage… she is a A+++++++++ person to deal with…highly recommend her…After the sale of my home she is more like a friend than a realtor we still stay in touch. A+++++++++ to Judy Naimo”“
- • “Judy… took the time to show us properties that no one else would. In the beginning of our search other agents would not help us because of the loan type we were seeking. Without the blink of an eye Judy helped us with no questions asked. She was on our team from the start. Her client focused non-pressure style was refreshing. I always knew that she had our best interests in mind. I can’t give a higher recommendation. I look forward having her help us again in the future. “
- • “Judy worked very hard for us, letting us know what to do to our home to get the asking price we wanted…very well-educated in the sales of homes…very articulate as to what needs to be done… has a great people personality. I consider Judy Naimo a good friend after this experience. You can’t find any better.”
- • “Her grasp of the process and paperwork is phenomenal, she is just an excellent Realtor. She is always my recommendation to anyone who asks.”
- • ”Even though I thought I knew exactly what I wanted in a house, Judy encouraged me to keep open to possibilities… she was so helpful and patient, we… found the home for me… kind and thoughtful and so good at what she does…made the whole process easier to deal with. I would recommend her without a moments hesitation.”
- • “(Judy) helped me buy a home. She is a great person! Very trust worthy special for first time buyers. She explained everything thoroughly and made me feel comfortable. Thank you Judy!”
- • “… not until you are with her and work with her can you fully appreciate how much investment she makes in her clients. We felt she was 200% behind us… her expertise and her attention to our needs were very reassuring. Her successes in buying and in selling speak for themselves…We recommend her most highly.”
- • “..Judy was willing to show me homes at times that meshed with my schedule…Judy was tireless and patient in searching for a house that fit my needs and budget. Judy didn’t just find a house for me, she found my home.”
- • “Judy understood that we were not in a rush to buy and we needed to find the right home for our family and budget. She made herself available at all time. Easy to work with! ”
- • “Judy has an abundance of knowledge of properties…understands trends locally that affect price and opportunity. Her referral to a broker provided quick pre-approval with a competitive potential loan package… professional, tenacious and committed to her clients. I wholeheartedly recommend her.”
- • “I’ve known Judy for over 10 years. I rate her 5 stars out of a 5 stars. Why so high? Judy cares and has proven herself, not only in words but by her actions.”
- • “Judy Naimo knows the Napa Valley real estate market as a resident and realtor for over 30 years and can be trusted to give you the best advice in regards to your buying or selling decisions of property in the valley… extremely knowledgeable, trustworthy and pleasant to work with. If you are looking for a realtor for your transaction or someone else, I would strongly recommend Judy.”
With interest rates lower than they’ve been in over 40 years, it may be difficult to think of a “window of opportunity” closing. However, it isn’t difficult to understand that it may very probably cost more to live in a home in the near future due to rising interest rates and prices.
Zillow recently reported results from a nationwide study that home values are expected to appreciate by 4.5% through the end of the year. Coupled with Freddie Mac’s projection that rates are going up, the cost of housing for buyers by the end of the year will be higher than it is now.
While uncertainty of the future can stagnate some people, the fear of loss can be much more devastating when a person realizes that the amount they pay to live and enjoy a home could have been considerably lower had they acted when prices and mortgage rates were lower.
The following example considers a $250,000 purchase today with a FHA mortgage compared to what it might be at the end of the year with a higher price and interest rate as discussed earlier. The net effect is that it will cost $191.87 more each month to live in the very same home based on the cost of waiting to buy.
To see what the cost might be for your price range, use this Cost of Waiting to Buy spreadsheet.
There’s A Lot Of Pent-Up Demand In Napa Valley Real Estate
Here is an update on the housing market in Napa Valley. All the reasons that existed before about why homeowners in Napa are moving still exist. Marriage, divorce, birth, death, job transfer, and tax planning are the reasons Napa home sellers are moving too. In other words, there is a constant supply of home sellers and home buyers. You may be curious to know what happens when the Napa housing inventory is the lowest it’s been since 2005.
Of course you realize that any time there is a shortage of a commodity the demand usually drives prices up. It’s not unusual then for some Napa home buyers to be asking themselves if they shouldn’t wait until there are more homes on the market. That is a logical consideration.
In addition to the extremely low inventory of homes for sale in Napa, mortgage loan interest rates are still incredibly low. In fact, mortgage interest rates are lower than they were in the 1970s. An important question Napa home buyers need to ask themselves is how their home purchasing power will be affected when interest rates go up ½%, 1%, or more.
Thinking about Buying a Napa home for sale?
Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda,
Buying a home in Napa is a big decision. Your family dynamics will undoubtedly dictate the right time to purchase a home. However, it’s important to consider this when you are planning.
Let’s imagine that a property appreciates about 12%; for example, the price of $350,000 goes up to $400,000.
Loan Amount of $350,000 at 3.5% at 4.0% at 4.5%
Monthly P & I payment $1571 $1670 $1773
Loan Amount of $400,000
Monthly P & I payment $1776 $1909 $2026
With the rates that prevailed at the end of 2013, a home mortgage payment would be $455 more a month with a rise of 1 % in the mortgage rate for a $400,000 mortgage. In short, keeping your eye on mortgage interest rates rising is as important as being concerned about the rise in home prices.
For More Helpful Information for Napa home buyers
You can request a HomeBuyers Guide in the right sidebar. In it you’ll find tips on Buying a home:
• The reasons why you should obtain a prequalified loan before you start looking for a home for sale in Napa
• Why it’s a good idea to get a mortgage loan consultant
• Fully understand what a FICO score is and the factors that affect it.
A Homesellers Guide is also available on request.
- • Learn the importance of a home inspection before you put your home up for sale
- • The factors that go into determining the asking price of a home
- • What is worth fixing or remodeling: Landscaping? Kitchen remodel? Entertainment center? Get the answers from Judy.
WHAT NAPA HOME OWNERS SHOULD KNOW
• Rate/Payment Relationship
The effect of rising interest rates on a mortgage loan payment is examined. Explore the details
• Find a Bettter Return
Four reasons why a real estate investment is a wise decision to make. Details are here.
• Rent or buy—the cost is going up
Learn why owning a home is often a better financial decision than renting. Worksheet available here.
• Review of Personal Finances
A list of financial expenditures that are worthy of review to make sure that you are spending your hard-earned dollars wisely. Click for checklist..
• Who’s Paying Your Mortgage
For those considering or already have a residential home as a rental, learn the details.
• Why Borrowers Pay Different Rates
Have you wondered what factors determine the mortgage rate that you qualify for? Learn the details about the importance that your credit score and income stability has on lenders’ calculation of your mortgage risk here.
• Equity Dynamics:
Equity, in short, is the amount of your home’s value that is yours. While a homeowner can’t do as much about the value of a home (depending on the housing market and capital improvements), here are suggestions on steps you can take to increase your equity. Explore the details.