3 Things to Consider BEFORE You Offer Your Napa Home For Sale
Is My House Ready to be Shown to Potential Buyers?
Now that you’ve made the decision to sell your home, you’ll want to look at it differently.
It’s now a House For Sale and it should be packaged or staged to appeal to more buyers.
The goal is to:
- Set the stage to say “Welcome Home!”
- Show buyers that your house has been well cared for
- Put the SOLD sign up more quickly, and
- Bring you a greater return on your investment.
What Price Should I Ask?
The location and features of a home are not the only things that affect the sales price.
The number of buyers looking for a home changes dramatically with the weather, economy, interest rates, and most important, the other homes on the market at the same time.
How many times have you heard, “What’s wrong with that house?” Buyers feel that if a house has been on the market for awhile, that something is wrong otherwise the house would be sold. The longer your home is on the market the lower your sales price.
What Inspections Do I Have To Get And When?
Spending $650 can save you thousands. Many sellers say “I just don’t want to spend any money on inspections for the buyer. Let them get their own inspections after they have made us an offer we will accept.” What that seller didn’t understand is that it isn’t the cost of the inspections that are usually the biggest problem for sellers.
Paying for the inspections and having the reports available:
- Gives you the option of fixing issues pointed out in the inspections before any showings
- Shows prospective buyers why the house is worth a clean, full price offer
- Reduces the risk of your sale falling out of escrow
- Allows for a shorter due diligence period
- Eliminates buyers renegotiating price and repairs when inspections come later
- Increases the possibility of your escrow closing sooner
Because of this you will probably have a shorter and less stressful escrow.
Although I have worked in Napa Valley real estate for decades, I believe that these tips can be applied wherever you are selling your home.
By Judy Naimo, Realtor
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.